Monday, March 14, 2011

PAX East 2011

PAX is an amazing thing. A gathering of a metric ton (I heard 65,000 people for this year) of people who all share the same passions. Never in my life have I been to an event with so many nice people. Every year I go I make new friends, see interesting people, and have some of the best conversations I will have, all crammed into one amazing three day convention.
I wonder what it is about PAX that seems to bring out the best in everyone. There is something about the weekend that seems to let everyone relax and enjoy their time together. It doesn't seem to matter who you talk to. The bands, the industry people, the fans, the convention workers; everyone seems to have their good face on. Everyone seems to have at least a few minutes for everyone else.

I'll be posting a better debriefing tomorrow. This nerdfest vacation was EXACTLY what this worn out warrior needed to recharge and be inspired. Thanks PAX!

No comments:

Post a Comment